Agra Street Food Tour - Exclusive Local Food Walk
The city of Agra is where the Mughals once ruled and left behind some of the most beautiful monuments in the world. This includes the iconic symbol of love - the Taj Mahal built by Emperor Shah Jahan for his deceased wife Mumtaz.
While you are on a tour in Agra city, you would surely explore so many of these fascinating sites that are part of its rich heritage. But there is one part of this incredible heritage that you shouldn't miss out at all cost. That my folks are the mouth-watering famous street foods of Agra.
A food tour of Agra would take you through the bustling streets of the city from one food joint to another. You get to savor succulent juicy non-vegetarian Mughlai food along with hot Parathas. Hey! don't forget the famous Petha of Agra that is all that sweet-cravers need.
From Sadar Bazaar to Raja Ki Mandi, we have compiled the best street food stops of Agra into this perfectly curated street food walking tour. Have a look!
Food Tour Itinerary
- 9.30 am to 10.00 - Reach Sadar Bazaar and have Bhalle, Samosa Chaat, Golgappe at Agra Chaat Bhandar
- 10 am to 10.45 am - Proceed to Mama Chicken and Mama Frankie and savor the chicken dishes like Chicken roll, Butter Chicken, Chicken Lollipop and much more.
- 10.45 am to 11.15 am - Walk further to reach the Kinari Bazaar. Shop for handicrafts, jewelry, fabrics, etc.
- 11.30 to 12.00 pm - Stop by at Ram Babu Paratha Bhandar and taste succulent parathas.
- 12.15 pm to 12.45 pm - Reach the Deviram sweets and restaurant and relish Bedai and Jalebi.
- 12.45 to 1 pm - Finally, taste the famous sweet dish of Agra - the Petha at the Panchi Petha store and conclude the tour on a sweeter note.
About This Food Tour
- Being in the city that is dotted with exceptional monuments of the Mughal era, you would spend most of the time admiring these landmarks.
- Since we are on a walking food tour, you would grab a bite at some highly recommended street food joints across the city. Along the way, we will catch sights of various Mughal structures, making this food crawl cum heritage tour.
- We start the food walk from the famous Sadar Bazaar that is famous for leather products, handicrafts, and garments. But we are looking for is its Chaat Gali. Walk towards its crowded alleys to spot one shop named Agra Chat Bhandar.
- This vintage place is one of the most famous establishments in Chaat Gali and all of Agra. It offers a local taste of Bhalle, Aloo Tikki, Samosa Chaat, and Gol Gappe. Sweet, spicy and tangy, these delicious dishes would gladly ravage your taste buds. Chhole Bature and Papdi Chat just alleviate its already incredible menu.
- All of the meals here were vegetarian. But if you wish to taste some juicy chicken, then Mama Chicken Mama Frankie is the right place to be. Walk a bit further north of Sadar Bazaar and you would find a popped up Kiosk-type outlet with a red-yellow colored facade.
- This place arguably offers the best chicken in the city with dishes including Butter Chicken, Chicken Tikka, Tawa Chicken, Kadhai Chicken, and Chicken lollipop. It also offers juicy Chicken rolls, chicken momos, and Mutton seekh kebab. A paradise for all non-vegetarians, you would rush to try out every single thing on their spectacular menu.
- Now that you are full, let's move on further as we walk along the streets of Agra. Take in the sights around you and witness the daily life of the people of this city.
- After a brief walk, you would notice a large monument cropping up in a distance. This is the iconic Agra Fort. Built in 1638, this fort still stands as an iconic power center of the city. Marvel at its surreal outer facade and click as many pictures as you like.
- As you move further you come across the Kinari Bazaar, another one of Agra's famous markets. It lies in the vicinity of majestic Jama Masjid, a remnant of the Mughal period. Walkthrough these narrow lanes and discover colorful shops that sell handicrafts, jewelry, street food, spices, and fabrics, etc. Fill your bags with enough souvenirs to take back home.
- Now that you have enough space in your tummy, its time to fill it on our next food stop. We walk more to reach the Ram Babu Paratha Bhandar. Flatbreads with vegetable fillings laced with a wide assortment of spices will lift your heart right away.
- Ram babu Ji gives you the scrumptious local taste with his very own chutneys and side sauces. His parathas include Paneer, Gobhi, Methi, Matar, Dal, Muli and the famous Aloo Paratha.
- As we move on along the Yamuna river, try to catch a glimpse of the Baby Taj known as Itmad-Ud-Daulah located on the opposite bank. We further walk within the vicinity of Paliwal park as you get to enjoy the serene green surroundings. Move north of Sanjay Cinema and we reach our next food stop i.e. Devi Ram Sweets and Restaurant.
- This iconic establishment is one of the most notable sweets corners of the city. This cozy outlet in Pratap puri offers a wide range of sweet food options. Try Bedai, a hot spicy potato curry served puffed kachoris that leave a sweet and tangy aftertaste.
- If you are not done with that, add up the sugar level by taking a bite of crispy sugary Jalebi. These would melt right away in your mouth.
- Our final food stop is just a walk away and will be your most memorable one. Welcome to the Panchi Petha store, which serves the most popular sweet dish of Agra - Petha. A traditional sweet made from ash gourd and sugar, it dates back to the period of Mughal Emperor Shahjahan. Along with it savor some Dalmoth to keep your mouth full of crunchy namkeen
- Established as a symbol of the city, chew through its soft candy-like bites full of sugar, nuts, and dry fruits. Petha will give a sweet and wholesome conclusion to this delectable street food tour.
What does this tour include?
- Bottled drinking water
- Snacks, drinks, and meals
- Tour guide
What are the tour exclusions?
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Personal expenses
Things to note
- Confirmation will be received at the time of the booking.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- A maximum of 12 people per booking.
- Please provide prior knowledge of any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; please wear comfortable shoes
Cancellation policy of Tour
- If you cancel the tour before 3 days of the tour start date, a full refund will be given.
- If you cancel within 1-3 days of the tour start date, there is a 30% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 1 day of the tour start, full cancellation charges would be applied.