Giant Swing in Rishikesh : India's Biggest Swing
Overview: Giant Swing is one of the most extreme adventure sports around the globe.
The adventure enthusiasts who attempt such sports need an extreme level of guts. One also needs the right spot to undertake this sport. Rishikesh in India provides exactly that. It does complete justice to this genre of sport. The clear skies, the amazing mountains of Himalayas and beautiful weather, make this a lifetime experience.
Giant Swing has been designed by 'David Allardice' of New Zealand. It is conducted by a company called "Jumpin Heights" which is also famous for conducting other experiences like Bungee Jumping, Flying Fox in Rishikesh. The Swing operates from an 83 meters tall structure that is connected to an outsize elastic cord. It is conducted by world-class Jump Masters from New Zealand. After the swing one has to down to a dropping area. You can purchase your activities video.
Giant wing Rishikesh itinerary :
- The jump height is 83 meters. You need to take a bus to this place which starts from Laxman Jhula at Rishikesh. This is half an hour bus ride in an AC Luxury Coach. The time slots for the bus are 09:30 AM, 11:00 AM, 1:00 pm and 02:30 PM.
- On reaching the game point, get yourself registered and proceed towards the jumping site. It’s a 10 minute walk amidst the mountains to the drop zone, where the platform of swing is attached to the iron cliff.
- You move on to the bungee platform, where you’ll be fitted on to a seat with a chest harness. At a time 2 people are tied to this harness.
- The initial free fall is exhilarating as the ropes take over to give you a smooth swing similar to a pendulum.
- The end of the swing lowers you to 2 feet deep water below. A team of experts help you pull down and untie the harness.
- From here, you walk back to the office of Jumpin Heights. It’s a 10 minute walk amidst the beautiful mountains.
- The team at jumpin heights records a video of your jump. This video can be collected from the counter during your check out.
- You can also buy your photographs, DVD and get your T Shirts printed with your photographs of the Jump.
- You will also be granted a “Dare to Jump” certificate at the end of this experience.
Requirements for Giant Swing
- Age: Minimum 12 yrs
- Weight: Minimum 35 Kgs and Max. 120 kgs
- Timings: 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- Weekly off: Tuesday Closed
- Giant Swing Location: Mohanchatti (17 kms from Rishikesh)
- 30 days or more: no cancellation fees.
- 16-30 days: 25% cancellation fees.
- 7-15 days: 50% cancellation fees.
- Less than 7 days: 100% no refund.
It is famous across the world as "Yoga Capital of India". This place is blessed with the mighty mountains and the famous river Ganges. You will find people across the globe visiting this place in search of Yoga and peace.
About the experience in Rishikesh:
The Rishikesh giant swing is quite similar to the Bungee jumping experience, however it provides equal amount of excitement, if not more. The rope is attached to a harness around your chest and then attached to an overhead rope. When you jump, you experience a free fall until the rope gets taut, making you swing like a pendulum at that point.
The jumping spot is surrounded by beautiful mountain valleys with a the river Ganges flowing below.
Things To Carry
- Comfortable clothes and footwear
- Basic medication and first aid
- Purchase your Bungee Coach Tickets in advance and be present 15 mins before the departure timings.
- Folks with following symptoms should not attempt at this sport
- High Blood Pressure
- Heart Problems
- Recent Fractures
- Pregnant women
- Back Aches
- Do not consume alcohol before the jump