Jodhpur Heritage Walking tour
Jodhpur city is the second-largest city of Rajasthan. Jodhpur is also known for its Royal Palaces, Grand Marriages of Hollywood stars, Royal family, History, food, culture tradition, and people. This tour is highly recommended to best explore the heritage city & its blue houses. Walk with us and explore the hidden gems of this historic city, hear the tales & interact with locals which will take you to an era of past and visualize how fun and difficult it was to survive in the period where the struggle of basic necessities never won the war with creativity and people’s spirit.
Clock tower (Ghanta Ghar)
In this Jodhpur heritage walk tour, you will explore the amazing photogenic places, adventure thrills of zip lining (optional) or mouth-watering food experiences of Jodhpur. This tour of Jodhpur is a slow pace walk which will take you through Mehrangarh fort, Jodhpur historical monuments, old city lanes, the local market, local home visit and many more places which give you shades of the blue city history and culture. We will start our walking tour from Sadar Market aka Jodhpur clock tower.
This market hosts the oldest market of Jodhpur from the Royal times when the city was laid down by kind Rao Jodha. Also the famous spice market of Jodhpur which is so colorful market that other than its spices it is famous for giving amazing pictures. You will also find a lot of shops and the famous omelet shop which has appeared in global travel diaries like the lonely planet. You can eat here many egg dishes, sandwiches, toast, eggs.
We would strongly suggest to keep some space in the stomach and have light breakfast to accommodate the amazing delicacies of Jodhpur.
From there we will be visiting the world-famous step well Toorji Ka Jhalra which has amazing architecture and this is obviously an Instagram famous place for photos so you will have a great time here.
After that our walk will continue to narrow lanes of Jodhpur and we will reach Ranisar and Padamsar lake adjacent to Mehrangarh fort. Here will get insight and understanding of the glorious history of ever unbeaten Jodhpur fort. And coming back walking through the lanes we will cover the city's old home and
Itinerary of tour
- Tour Start time 9.30 am or 3 pm. We will start our tour from Clock Tower. Understanding the origin and significance of this place in history.
- En route, we will have old city market visit which host textile, spices, utensils, restaurant, and various shops.
- A half an hour walk through the old lanes and blue houses reaching to Mehrangarh fort Ranisar and Padamsar lake. These are old lakes used for water supply in old times to the city. They give an amazing view of adjacent to the fort.
- While coming back through the city lanes en-route visit one of the hidden gems of Jodhpur panoramic point "Pachetia Hills". This will give you a photo stop to click amazing pictures for your Instagram feed.
- The high tea at local house would give you a local culture real feeling.
- Coming back to Clock tower from clock tower to lanes of old. We can have lunch in a local restaurant or evening snacks based on tour start time.
Duration of tour
- This tour will take approximately 3 hours.
What to expect on this tour?
- Learn about the culture, history & heritage of Jodhpur city on this walking tour. You will get a chance to click great photographs of Jodhpur people's life.
What does this tour include?
- A professional English speaking tour guide would be escorting this tour. Bottle of WaterPermission of photography on the tour.
What are the tour exclusions
- Any personal nature expenses.Lunch or snacks not included in the tour Pick up and drop from the hotel.
Things to Note
- This tour would be operating only on the dailyPlease wear comfortable walking shoes as this tour include walking
- The dress code for this tour would be smart casuals. Modest and respectful clothing that covers the shoulders and knees is recommended
- This tour is not wheelchair accessibleA minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Cancellation policy of Tour
- If you cancel the tour before 3 days of the tour start date, a full refund will be given.
- If you cancel within 1-3 days of the tour start date, there is a 30% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 1 day of tour start, full cancellation charges would be applied
Other related tours you can take
Along with this tour, you can take other Jodhpur exploration tour are
- Jodhpur food tour to experience the culinary delight of this city
- Amazing half day Camel safari tour in Osian a nearby outskirts destination.