Heritage Walk in Jodhpur's Blue Lanes - Experience the Best of Sun City
Uncover the Secrets of Jodhpur's Blue Lanes
Jodhpur's Blue Lanes are one of the most fascinating and mysterious parts of the city. On this Heritage Walk tour, you'll have the opportunity to uncover the secrets of this historic district and learn about the ancient architecture, culture, and customs of the Marwar Kingdom.
Jodhpur heritage walk will take you in historical era of sun city another name for Jodhpur while going through blue houses. You will explore like a locals and discover some unknown and untold stories and tales about this city. Starting our walk from Clock Tower or Sardar Market a local market we will walk through old city area which will make your heritage experience worth every minutes finally reaching to other side of Mehrangarh fort which was established by kind Rao Jodha in the year 1459.
As you walk through the narrow streets of the Blue Lanes, you'll be transported back in time to an era when Jodhpur was the center of the region's trade and commerce. You'll see stunning examples of Rajasthani architecture, including intricately carved doorways, colorful murals, and elaborate courtyards.
Its a half day tour which essentially meant for tourist to have a look in the life of locals and if you wish you can interact with the locals have a tea with them and enjoy your time in the city Jodhpur. This city is also known as blue city because of its blue houses and sun city because of its heat in summers. An integral part of Thar desert, Jodhpur has played a pivotal role in shaping Rajasthan history.
Along the way, our knowledgeable guide will share stories about the history and culture of Jodhpur, from the city's founding to the present day. You'll learn about the traditions of the local people, sample delicious street food, and discover hidden gems that most visitors miss.
Book now and experience the best of Sun City on this unforgettable Heritage Walk tour.
Clock tower (Ghanta Ghar)
Walk through the Narrow Streets and Discover the Ancient Architecture
Itinerary of Jodhpur Walking tour
- Tour Start time 9.30 am or 3 pm. We will start our tour from Clock Tower.
- Understanding the origin and significance of this city and its place historically.
- Move along the colorfully dressed inhabitants sometimes carrying their cattle and explore the prominent bazaars of Jodhpur while walking in narrow lanes in Jodhpur.
- Going through the famous stepwell of Toor Ji Ka Jhalra, clicking picture of life time. Understanding the importance of these stepwell in India.
- While walking through the lanes you will find jewelry to locally made fabrics, find a plethora of material like bangles of lakh (locally made material) and collection of objects ranging from woodcraft's to gifts as souvenir.
- En route, we will have old city market visit which host textile, spices, utensils, restaurant, and various shops.
- A half an hour walk through the old lanes and blue houses reaching to Mehrangarh fort Ranisar and Padamsar lake. These are old lakes used for water supply in old times to the city. They give an amazing view of adjacent to the fort.
- While coming back through the city lanes en-route visit one of the hidden gems of Jodhpur panoramic point "Pachetia Hills". This will give you a photo stop to click amazing pictures for your Instagram feed.
- The high tea at local house would give you a local culture real feeling.
- Coming back to Clock tower from Mehrangarh fort lanes of old city.
- We can have lunch in a local restaurant or evening snacks based on tour start time.
Duration of this tour
- This tour will take approximately 3 hours.
What to expect from Jodhpur heritage walk tour
- Learn about the culture, history & heritage of Jodhpur city on this walking tour.
- You will get a chance to click great photographs of Jodhpur people's life.
- Interact with locals and have a tea with them
What does this tour include
- A professional English speaking tour guide would be escorting this tour.
- Bottle of Water
- Permission of photography on the tour on select places.
What are the tour exclusions
- Any personal nature expenses.
- Lunch or snacks not included in the tour
- Pick up and drop from the hotel.
Cancellation policy of Tour
- If you cancel the tour before 3 days of the tour start date, a full refund will be given.
- If you cancel within 1-3 days of the tour start date, there is a 30% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 1 day of tour start, full cancellation charges would be applied
Things to Note about Jodhpur walking tour:
- An exclusive heritage walk which takes you beyond the intricate structure of the Blue City of Jaipur.
- Get up close and personal as you get to know the intriguing origin of the former Kingdom of Marwar.
- This tour would be operating only on the daily basis
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes as this tour include walking
- The dress code for this tour would be smart casuals. Modest and respectful clothing that covers the shoulders and knees is recommended
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible, we apologies for this because of road condition it is not advisable.
- If it’s canceled because the minimum count isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Other related tours & sightseeing options in Jodhpur
Along with this tour, you can take other Jodhpur exploration tour are
- Jodhpur food tour
- to experience the culinary delight of this cityAmazing half dayCamel safari tour
- in Osian a nearby outskirts destination.
We are sure in this blue city heritage walk while walking in narrow yet lively lanes you will experience the real city, its culture, history and people.
This city walk will help you explore the hidden gems, one of the historic city, hear the tales & interact with locals which will take you to an era of past and visualize how fun and difficult it was to survive in the period where the struggle of basic necessities never won the war with creativity and people’s spirit.
Things to know about Jodhpur
- Apart from being part so close to the golden triangle circuit of India, Jodhpur has its own charm which people love even after exploring the Taj Mahal of Agra.
- Best time to visit is from October to March where climate remain cold and summers are pretty hot temperature in May or June can go as high as 45 degree Celsius.
- Jodhpur is a popular tourist destination, featuring many palaces, forts and temples, set in the stark landscape of the Thar Desert.
- The climate of Jodhpur is hot and semi-arid during its nearly yearlong dry season, but contains a brief rainy season from late June to September.
- Jodhpur's most notable attractions are Mehrangarh Fort, Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jaswant Thada, and the Ghanta Ghar, or Clock Tower.