Khajuraho : The living work of art
A unique itinerary which combines the famous Golden Triangle circuit with the incredible landscapes of Central India Trip. Khajuraho's unique sculptures have intrigued travellers and tourists alike for decades. This trip is designed especially to showcase the architectural marvels and monuments of the present in these regions. You will be blown away with the intricacies of each and every structure. Explore the famous erotic and aesthetic sculptures presiding in the Khajuraho temple complex. The beauty of Sanchi Stupas (domes) will leave you in awe while you feel the depth of the paintings of Bhimbetka.
DAY WISE ITINERARY
Day 1 - New Delhi : Welcome to the capital of India - New Delhi.
Day 2 - New Delhi : Explore the vivacious Delhi and move to Agra(4 Hours Drive)
Day 3 - Agra : Explore Agra - The City of Taj
Day 4 - Orchha : Head to Orchha, Madhya Pradesh (254 km approx/ 5 hours)
Day 5 - Khajuraho : The famous Temples of Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh
Day 6 - Sanchi : Drive from Khajuraho to Sanchi (327 km approx. / 6 hours)
Day 7 - Sanchi : Explore Sanchi, Madhya Pradesh
Day 8 - Bhopal : Explore some ancient ruins at Bhimbetka, Madhya Pradesh
Day 9 - Indore : Move to Ujjain and Indore
Day 10 - Indore : Explore this royal and foodie city- Indore, Madhya Pradesh
Day 11 - Maheshwar : Head to Maheshwar and Omkareshwar, Madhya Pradesh
Day 12 - Mandu : Explore Mandu, Madhya Pradesh
Day 13 - Mandu : In transit to Delhi
- Meet & Assist by our representative upon your arrival, who will guide you to your hotel.
- Transfer to hotel to check-in
- Relax for the day and get comfortable.
After breakfast get ready to explore the city. You will visit:
- Qutab Minar - The tallest brick minaret in the world.
- Humayun’s tomb - The garden tomb of Mughal Emperor Humayun
- Red fort - A historic site built by Shah Jahan which was the bastion of Mughals till 1857.
- Jama Masjid - The largest mosque in Delhi made of red sandstone.
- Chandni Chowk - The oldest town of Delhi famous for its bustling bazaars and eateries.
- Raj Ghat - A renowed memorial which is the resting place of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Drive past several government buildings including Parliament House and Presidential Palace.
- Later, drive to Agra.
- On arrival, check in to the hotel for an overnight stay.
- After having breakfast get to sightseeing of various places of interest in Agra.
- Visit Taj Mahal - A UNESCO World Heritage Site known as the symbol of eternal love.
- Proceed to Agra Fort - Built by Emperor Akbar, a palace complex which was once an official Mughal residence.
- Later move to visit local areas of the city, market area and eateries.
- Finally, you return to your hotel to relax after a long day.
- Post breakfast, you check out and move to the railway station.
- Here you board your train for Jhansi.
- Further you drive and reach Orchha.
- On arrival, you check in the hotel.
- After having your refreshments, you will visit the important and famous sites of Orchha which include Jehagir Mahal, Raja Mahal, Rani Mahal, Chaturbhuj temples and much more.
- At the end of the day, you get to relax in comfortable hotel at Orchha.
- Post breakfast, you will drive to Khajuraho. Check in to a comfortable hotel and get to visit Khajuraho. You will get to visit the famous temples in the eastern and western complex.
- Built during the medieval times by the Chandela dynasty, Khajuraho are a group of 25 temples dedicated to Hinduism and Jainism, making it to the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Explore nagora-style architecture and erotic sculptures in temples namely Ghantai, Mantanageshwar, Brahma, Vamana and many more.
- Curious tourists may also enjoy the sound and light show in the evening depicting religious facts about the ancient medieval times.
- Relax after this at the hotel.
- Post breakfast, you will check out from the hotel and drive to Sanchi.
- Once you arrive, check-in the hotel.
- This day has been kept at leisure for you.
Post breakfast, you will depart for a day-long excursion to the Udaigiri caves.
You will also get to visit Vidisha which is a famous ancient city while returning,
Relax at the comforts of your hotel at night.
After breakfast at Sanchi, you will check out to drive to Bhopal. While on the way you will get to visit Bhimbetka. This ancient site is famous for the pre-historic cave paintings with minimal design and natural colours.
After the day-long visit, you will relax at the hotel at Bhopal.
Once you have your breakfast, you will drive to Indore. While you will reach Indore, you will also be visiting the famous Shiva temple at Ujjain. It is one of the twelve Jyotirlings of this country.
On arrival to Indore, you will check in to the hotel and relax for the rest of the day.
- Begin your sightseeing tour of Indore by seeking god’s blessings at the Kanch mandir. This is made up varieties of glass pieces. This is a shrine of Digamber Jains with the walls, roof and floor embellished with pearls, glass and other kinds of beads.
- You then move to the Chatri Bagh which are memorial tombs of the Holkar kings.
- Next up is the visit to the royal museum-the Lalbagh palace. It is a cultural center taking you back in time with its amazing paintings and other décor.
End of the day, retire to the comforts of your hotel.
Today, you leave Indore in the morning to move for Maheshwar and omkareshwar en route. The former one is a royal setting while the latter is a religious site of importance.
Check in to the hotel. Get ready to experience serene views with river Narmada flowing by. Explore the streets of Maheshwar in the afternoon.
Enjoy the delightful stay at the comfortable hotel.
Depart from Maheshwar to Mandu.
On arrival, check in to hotel. Further have a sightseeing tour of Mandu at noon.
Move to your hotel to relax for night.
Visit few more sites of importance in Mandu. Then you will come back to Indore to board a flight or train to Delhi. After reaching Delhi, you end your beautiful journey at India and are on your way back home.
GENERAL INFO AND FAQ
Booking and Cancellation
Standard Payment Policy
- Pay 10% Advance and block your tour ,
- Pay 40% in next 7 days (if your tour date is above 60 days)
- 75% payment is required minimum to book tour, If your tour date falls within 45 days than
- 100% payment is required, If your tours falls within 30 days then
These are standard payment terms , in case of any deviation please check individual package policy. In extreme case these policy might get deviated so please check package payment also mentioned on package detail page.
Standard Cancellation Policy
- 0% Cancellation Charges if cancelled 3 months
- 10% cancellation within charges cancelled within 60 to 45 days
- 20% Cancellation Charges if Cancelled within 45-30 days
- 50% Cancellation charges if Cancelled within 30 to 15 days
- 80% Cancellation Charges if cancelled within 15 days of tour start date
These are standard cancellation charges, would be applicable to all packages unless mentioned specific on package detail page.