Jewish Heritage Walking Tour of Cochin
Welcome to a unique experience in God's Own Country. This Jewish Heritage Walking Tour takes you through the incredible cultural heritage sites of the Jewish community in Cochin. The second Jewish community of India is called ‘Cochini Jews’. Because they lived in the city of Cochin in South India. Like the Bene Israels, the arrival time of the first Cochini Jews isn’t clear. But one fact is sure about the Cochini Jews, that they weren’t a single emigration. At different times Jews arrived and settled in south India at Kodungallur. Enjoy this magnificent tour as it will give you glimpses of some brilliant photogenic architectural sites.
- Depart from Kochi 09.00 - Arrive Parur or Paravur town at 10.30
- Visit Chendamangalam Synagogue, Portuguese Seminary
- Paravour Synagogue, Lunch at a Local restaurant.
- Later drive to Cochin visit Paradesi Synagogue, Jewish cemetery and walk in the Jew Town .
- 5:00 - Drive back to Cochin / Cruise terminal
- Pick-up and drop off at Cochin / Ernakulam / Cruise Terminal
- English-speaking Guide with cell phone
- Transfers by air-conditioned vehicle
- 1 Bottle of water per person
- All Entrances
- Personal expenses
- Paravoor / Paravur synagogue ,Chendamangalam Synagogue will be closed on Monday
- Mattancherry Paradesi Synagogue will be closed on Friday, Saturday and other Jewish holidays