Why Choose Kochi (Cochin) Tour
- Kochi is also known as Cochin is one of the prominent port cities of India bordering the Arabian sea. It is part of the district of Ernakulam in the state of Kerala and is often referred to as Ernakulam. Kochi is the most densely populated city in Kerala.
- The land of ancient Chinese fishing nets, it is the largest and the most populous metropolitan area in Kerala. wi a total urban population of more than 2 million residents.
- The Government of India has classified Kochi as a Tier-II city and hence it part of the Greater Cochin region. The civic body that governs the city is the Municipal Corporation, which is the amalgamation of old municipalities of Ernakulam district.
- An important spice trading center in the 14th century, it is called the 'Queen of the Arabian Sea' by the locals. since it attracted traders, merchants, and explorers from all across the globe. It was also the first of the European colonies in colonial India.
- Along with the city of Goa, it became the main seat of Portuguese India until 1530. It became the princely state named the Kingdom of Cochin when it was later occupied by the Dutch and the British.
- Kochi tops the list of cities in the total number of tourist arrivals in Kerala. According to a survey conducted by the Outlook Traveller magazine, the city was ranked the sixth-best tourist destination in India.
- Lonely Planet ranked it on its list of top 10 cities in the world to visit in 2020. Kochi has the highest GDP as well as the highest GDP per capita in the state. Therefore is known as the financial, commercial and industrial capital of Kerala.
- The Southern Naval Command of the Indian Navy is here along with the state headquarters of the Indian Coast Guard. Commercial maritime facilities of the Port of Kochi consist of International Container Transshipment Terminal, the Cochin Shipyard, offshore SPM of the BPCL Kochi Refinery and the Kochi Marina.
- One of the most culturally rich cities in South India, it boasts contemporary arts, traditional arts, and Malayalam literature. It is a prominent host of India's very own arts biennale, Kochi-Muziris Biennale. The cuisine that blends of North, East and Western food still sticks to its root of the abundant use of coconut.
- Kochi is home to several monuments of historical and religious significance. These include churches such as the Santa Cruz Basilica in Fort Kochi. The St. Francis Church is one of the oldest European churches in India.
- A large number of Cochin Jews populations offer prayers at the Paradesi Synagogue. It is the oldest active synagogue in the Common Wealth Nations. Other monuments that may intrigue you are Dutch Palace, Jew Town, and Mattancherry Palace.
- In every way, Kochi is bound to mesmerize you imitating a gem fitted along with the crown of the Malabar Coast!
Kochi (Cochin) is located in the state of Kerala in India. You can explore here 60 things to do for your memorable trip. Explore Kochi (Cochin), one of the beautiful Indian destination which is unique for its diversities in culture, language, religion, cuisines, landscapes, water bodies, and climate. Kochi (Cochin) cuisine boasts of having a large variety and is famous with many vegetarian, vegan and non-vegetarian dishes which are made out of local herbs, vegetables, and fruits. Kochi (Cochin) witnesses all four seasons and each climatic condition of Kochi (Cochin) is a different experience.