3 Day Tadoba Safari - Exclusive National Park Jungle Safari
- The Western Ghats are the epitome of rich biodiversity in India. One such vivid hotspot on this green belt is none other than Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve.
- It is known as the largest and oldest national park in the state of Maharashtra. Its dense forest and lush green canopy are worth exploring.
- Divided in Tadoba National Park and Andhari Wildlife Sanctuary, trail amidst the core area on this thrilling tiger safari. Hop on the jeep and move through the dry deciduous forest area. The most popular attractions of this place are the major tiger sightings.
- A total of 88 tigers roam within the boundaries of the reserve courtesy of the project tiger. A completely adventurous trip as you would spot plenty of tigers as you venture deep into the forest.
- Other prominent wild animals include Sloth bears, Barking deers, wild dogs, reptiles like Marsh crocodile and around 195 bird species grace the beautiful landscape of the reserve.
- Experience the melodious serenity of the nature and quaint waters of Tadoba lake on this perfectly curated itinerary of the best Tiger reserve of Maharashtra. Have the best Tadoba Safari booking right here on TheIndianTrip.
About Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve
- According to the legend, the name Tadoba derives from Taru, a local village chief. He believed to be killed by a tiger near the Tadoba Lake.
- A small shrine is built in his memory right here as local tribal communities worship it to date.
Best Time To Visit Tadoba National Park
- The best time to visit Tadoba Tiger Reserve is between October to June. It stays open during the winter and summer season. Officially the park is open from 15th October to 30th June. Every Tuesday the park is completely closed for the public.
- Tadoba Jungle Safari timings are early morning from 6 am to 11 am. The second slot starts from 2 pm to 11 pm.
- The entry fees of the park are as follows:
- INR 20 per person
- INR 2 for Still Camera
- INR 200 for Camera with 250 mm lenses
- There are a total of 6 entry gates namely Khutvanda gate, Kolara Gate, Mohurli Gate, Navegaon Gate, Pangdi Gate, and the Zari Kolsa Gate.
- Buffer zones include Agarzari, Devada-Adegaon Agarzari, Zunona, Kolara, Ramdegi-Navegaon, Alizanza.
How to Reach Tadoba National Park
The nearest airport to reach Tadoba Andhari Wildlife Sanctuary is Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport in the city of Nagpur. The distance from Nagpur to Tadoba is 140 km. You could drive there or hire a cab.
The nearest railways station to reach Tadoba Tiger Reserve is Chandrapur Railway Station. It lies at a distance of 45 km from Tadoba.
Things to see during Tadoba Jungle Safari
- Rare biodiversity can be found at Tadoba. Along with a large number of Bengal Tigers, you would come across other carnivores such as Indian Leopards, Black Panthers, Striped Hyenas, and Jungle Cats.
- Reptiles and Amphibians include Mugger Crocodile, Indian Monitor Lizard, Indian Star Tortoise, Indian Cobra, Indian Python, etc. Other wild animals include sloth bears, gaur, nilgai, Indian civet, sambar, barking deer, chital, chausingha and honey badgers.
- About 195 bird species include grey-headed fish eagle, the crested serpent eagle, the changeable hawk-eagle, crested honey buzzard, paradise flycatcher, bronze-winged jacana, lesser golden-backed woodpecker, and many more.
DAY WISE ITINERARY
Day 1 - Nagpur : Nagpur/ Chandrapur to Tadoba Tiger Reserve - First Jungle Safari
Day 2 - Chandrapur : Tadoba National Park - Enjoy Second Jungle Safari
Day 3 - Chandrapur : Tadoba Wildlife Sanctuary - Third Jungle Safari
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Early morning arrive at Nagpur Airport / Nagpur Railway Station.
- Drive to Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve. (It will take approximately 3 hours).
- After lunch head for the first Jungle Safari.
- Witness Bengals Tigers in action along with Sloth Bears, Hyenas, Jackals, Wild Dogs, Bison, Barking Deer, Nilgai, Sambar, and Chital.
- Enjoy evening at leisure.
- Stay overnight at resort in Tadoba.
- Early morning have some delicious breakfast
- Later in the afternoon we go for the Jungle Safaris after lunch.
- Explore the lush green forest to find Wild Boar, Leopard, Spotted Deer, Rusty Spotted Cat. Also come across other carnivores like Leopards, Panthers, Striped Hyenas, etc.
- You could also spot mugger crocodiles, monitor lizards and Indian star tortoise.
- Later enjoy your evening at leisure.
- Overnight stay at Tadoba.
- Early morning leave for the last Jungle Safari after your breakfast.
- Explore the dense forest to come across various plants species of the Western ranges.
- You may also find exotic insect species among them including danaid egg-fly, Dragonflies, stick insects, jewel beetles, praying mantis and great eggfly.
- Look out for bird species around Tadoba Lake such as paradise flycatcher, warblers, black-naped blue flycatcher and many more
- Return to resort for you lunch.
- After freshening up depart for Nagpur Airport / Railway Station (approximately 3 hours).
GENERAL INFO AND FAQ
Booking and Cancellation
Standard Payment Policy
- Pay 10% Advance and block your tour ,
- Pay 40% in next 7 days (if your tour date is above 60 days)
- 75% payment is required minimum to book tour, If your tour date falls within 45 days than
- 100% payment is required, If your tours falls within 30 days then
These are standard payment terms , in case of any deviation please check individual package policy. In extreme case these policy might get deviated so please check package payment also mentioned on package detail page.
Standard Cancellation Policy
- 0% Cancellation Charges if cancelled 3 months
- 10% cancellation within charges cancelled within 60 to 45 days
- 20% Cancellation Charges if Cancelled within 45-30 days
- 50% Cancellation charges if Cancelled within 30 to 15 days
- 80% Cancellation Charges if cancelled within 15 days of tour start date
These are standard cancellation charges, would be applicable to all packages unless mentioned specific on package detail page.