Celebrate Diwali at the Golden Triangle Route
Get ready as the Festival of Lights is here to give you the most spellbinding experience of all time. This Golden Triangle Tour will lighten you up with the best glimpses of monuments as well as the most extravagantly celebrated festival in India - Diwali. Roam around the streets and alleys of Chandni Chowk where you witness people dressed in festive clothing. The atmosphere is full of joy and merriment as seeing the burst of lights and colors all around while you savor the taste of traditional Indian sweets. The mystical realms of Jaipur will bring you face to face with breathtaking forts and palaces as well as the practice of celebrating Diwali the royal way. A delightful experience with a blend of cultural as well as architectural heritage, move further to Agra and watch the iconic Taj Mahal as it glimmers amid countless lamps. A mesmerizing union of the young and the old, Diwali in this circuit is full of endless possibilities with food, clothes, monuments, and people.
DAY WISE ITINERARY
Day 1 - New Delhi : Welcome to Delhi - The Capital of India
Day 2 - New Delhi : Explore Delhi
Day 3 - Jaipur : Move from Delhi to Jaipur (5 Hours/ 281 km) - Witness the Diwali Celebrations
Day 4 - Jaipur : Explore Jaipur
Day 5 - Karauli : Move from Jaipur to Karauli (4 Hours/ 160 km)
Day 6 - Agra : Move from Karauli to Agra (3 Hours/ 160 km) - Explore Agra
Day 7 - New Delhi : Return to Delhi
Day 8 - New Delhi : End of the tour
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Namaste! Welcome to Delhi.
- Meet and greet assist at the airport or railway station
- There are no planned activities today except a welcome meeting at 6 pm where you'll meet your tour guide and fellow travellers.
- After the meeting, why not continue the introductions over an optional group dinner.
- Check-in hotel for overnight stay
- After a delicious breakfast proceed to explore Delhi.
- Catch the modern metro to reach Old Delhi
- Proceed to viisit the old city's market area by cycle rickshaw in Chandi Chowk, the bustling bazzaar of food places and numerous locally made objects.
- Later visit, Connaught Place, the high-end street of swanky nightclubs, bars, restaurants and shopping complexes. Check out the Jama Masjid, Delhi's oldest mosque and one of its most impressive buildings
- Later visit the Sheeshganj Gurudwara (Sikh Temple), one of the nine significant gurudwaras in India.
- Return to hotel for overnight stay.
- After having breakfast, travel by express train into Rajasthan and onto its capital, Jaipur.
- After arriving in the ‘Pink City’ check-in your hotel
- Later join your leader to shop for fireworks where they will help you choose the right ones for the celebrations later.
- Take a detour to visit local sweet shops as during Diwali sweets are a traditional gift. Some of these shops have been making amazing sweets for generations. Your leader will point out which sweets to choose and their significance.
- Since Diwali is a victory celebration of good over evil, Indians typically dress in their finest clothes. As a gesture of goodwill it is appropriate for you to dress nicely for the evening celebration. There may even be a saree surprise in store for you later!
- Tonight, dark lanes and alleys will be brightly lit, the sound of fireworks and an air full of joy. The evening will be spent with a local family on their rooftop, celebrating Diwali in their traditional style with you. Your leader will help you through the intricate customs of Diwali rituals, prayer sessions, gift exchanging, lighting of candles and oil lamps, eating snacks, and drinking.
- Take in the rooftop views with fireworks all around while sharing a home-cooked meal with a family and being entertained by local musicians singing traditional Diwali songs.
- Return to hotel for overnight stay.
- After some breakfast, witness the landscape of Jaipur early in morning with an optional ride in a hot air balloon
- Here’s just a sprinkling of things to do in your free time today:
- Drop by Hawa Mahal also known as the Palace of the Winds), the impressive five-storey facade with pink, honeycombed windows making it the most photographed building in the country after Taj Mahal.
- Later head out to the old capital of Amber and an exploration of the hilltop fort complex known as the Amber Fort. The Sheesh Mahal inside the fort is a must-see. As the walls are completely covered in little mirrors, the hall illuminates with the light of a single match.
- Hit the streets for Raj kachori chaat – a big fluffy chaat served with chutney, yoghurt, chilli and potato.
- Then cool off with a lassi from Lassiwala on MI road, Jaipur's oldest and most famous lassi shop. T
- Experience cinema like never before with an extravagant Bollywood blockbuster at the memorable Raj Mandir Cinema – there’s usually romance, drama, and music all rolled into one.
- Return to hotel for overnight stay.
- After breakfast, leave the ‘Pink City’ of Jaipur behind and drive to Karauli.
- Check-in the hotel and proceed to explore Karauli.
- This delightful town was founded in 1348 and is full of rural ambiance consiting of around 300 temples.
- Take a guided walk around the Old Quarter, interacting with friendly locals and learning about rural Indian life.
- Be sure to visit the iconic market stalls along the way and sample some seasonal local sweets made from Indian ingredients, including Petha (pumpkin), Jaggery (organic sugar), Peanut brittle and Gazak (sesame seeds).
- Stay in a restored heritage property tonight where dinner is included.
- Have and early morning breakfast and head east by public bus to Agra - the city of Taj.
- After arriving into the city you’ll head to the most iconic sight in India - the Taj Mahal.
- Witness the marble structure standing in all its glory as it glimmers in the morning sunlight.
- Maybe jump on a motorised rickshaw to pick out the rest of the city’s monuments such as the Akbar's Mausoleum. It is a beautiful sandstone and marble tomb built for the greatest of the Mughal emperors, Akbar.
- Check-in the hotel for an overnight stay.
- After some delish breakfast, return to the Taj Mahal at sunrise
- Later arrive at Delhi and explore the majestic Red Fort on the banks of the Yamuna River – stroll the palatial gardens of this red sandstone stronghold with cheeky monkeys in tow.
- The rest of the day is free for you to do as you like.
- Practice your bargaining skills in Chandni Chowk in the maze of shops and kiosks that sell everything imaginable.
- Buy local crafts straight from the hands of the artisan in Janpath market, or gobble down street chaats – snacks like deep fried fritters and flatbread.
- Later, find time for a quiet drink in this teeming metropolis at night
- Check-in the hotel for overnight stay.
- On the concluding day of your journey, start the morning on a sweet note with a taste of traditional treats like Sandesh, Rosogolla and Chanar payesh.
- There are no activities on the last full day, so take a look around and maybe even stay on a couple of nights to keep up the exploration.
- Check-out of the hotel and proceed to your next journey with some unforgettable memories.
GENERAL INFO AND FAQ
Booking and Cancellation
Standard Payment Policy
- Pay 10% Advance and block your tour ,
- Pay 40% in next 7 days (if your tour date is above 60 days)
- 75% payment is required minimum to book tour, If your tour date falls within 45 days than
- 100% payment is required, If your tours falls within 30 days then
These are standard payment terms , in case of any deviation please check individual package policy. In extreme case these policy might get deviated so please check package payment also mentioned on package detail page.
Standard Cancellation Policy
- 0% Cancellation Charges if cancelled 3 months
- 10% cancellation within charges cancelled within 60 to 45 days
- 20% Cancellation Charges if Cancelled within 45-30 days
- 50% Cancellation charges if Cancelled within 30 to 15 days
- 80% Cancellation Charges if cancelled within 15 days of tour start date
These are standard cancellation charges, would be applicable to all packages unless mentioned specific on package detail page.