Barsana's Holi Fest: The riots of Colours
Holi is one of the biggest festivals in India. Its a time where you witness the entire country filled with riots of colours. The Indians have been celebrating this since centuries, dedicated to one of the gods - Krishna. This tour would change your idea regarding the true meaning of festivities. Get ready to fill your life with vibrant shades while you lose yourself in the midst of colorful madness of long-living tradition. You will witness the magnificance of Delhi monuments and the 7th wonder of the world - Taj Mahal. Make sure you have enough spare clothes as walk the streets of Mathura, because its going to be marred with colours. You will find yourself amidst the towns of Nandgaon and Barsana where Holi is not only celebrated as a festival but also practiced as a competitive sport between the men and women donning the identities of Gopas and Gopis. High on the fun (and Bhaang) this tour will get you pumped to the core along with bringing you face to face with the incredibly diverse culture and landscape of North India.
DAY WISE ITINERARY
Day 1 - New Delhi : Welcome to New Delhi - The Capital Of India
Day 2 - New Delhi : Explore Delhi - The Monuments, Landmarks, and Food
Day 3 - Agra : Move from Delhi to Agra (233Kms/ 4 Hours approx.)
Day 4 - Agra : Move From Agra to Mathura (57 km/ 1 hour 30 minutes approx.)
Day 5 - Mathura : Holi Celebrations at Barsana (Laddoo Holi)
Day 6 - Mathura : Holi Celebrations at Barsana (Lathmar Holi)
Day 7 - Mathura : Holi Celebrations at Nandgaon (Lathmar Holi)
Day 8 - New Delhi : End of the Trip
WHAT TO EXPECT
You will arrive at IGI airport at 1 a.m. Meet our representative as he drives you to your hotel.
Rest for the day.
Overnight stay in Delhi.
After a scrumptious breakfast, get ready for a full day Delhi sightseeing tour.
Apart from Red fort, you would be visiting multiple other places.
Post breakfast, transfer from Delhi to Agra by road.
Post Lunch, enjoy a sightseeing tour of Agra covering,
Agra Fort - One of the finest Mughal forts, built by Emperor Akbar in 1565. Spread over the area of 94 acres with walls as high as 70 feet, It is a massive military structure made from red sandstone sitting on the banks of Yamuna River. Consisting of various palaces including Sheesh Mahal and Shahjahani Mahal, it has four gates provided at four sides known as the Delhi Gate, the Amar Singh Gate, the Elephant Gate and the Khizri Gate opening onto the river.
Itmad-Ud-Daulah - A tomb that has a special place in the chronicles of both history as well as architecture. Itmad-ud-Daulah is actually a mausoleum that overlooks the Yamuna River. Often described as the ‘Jewel Box’ or ‘Baby Taj’, get to admire the very first tomb in India that was made entirely out of Marble.
Taj Mahal - Visit the sparkling monument symbolizing eternal love - The Taj Mahal. Get to know and admire one of the most majestic and beautiful buildings in the world. The structure made of white marble is a feast for your eyes as it gleams valiantly under the sunlight, making this love monument even more beautiful. Built way back in the 16th century AD by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan to house the tomb of his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal, it is ivory-white marble palace situated on the banks of Yamuna River. A UNESCO World Heritage site, its magnificence, and splendor attract millions of tourists every year. A marvelous interior showcases the versatility and the sheer radiance of Mughal architecture.
• Stay overnight in the hotel.
Post breakfast, start your journey from Agra to Mathura by road and enjoy the sightseeing.
On the way, we take a small detour to Fatehpur Sikri, the abandoned Mughal town.
Apart the below, many other attractions you will cover,
- Jodha Bai Palac - Known for its blue tilted roof, the palace is housed all of Akbar’s queens but most importantly dedicated to his chief Rajput wife, Mariam-uz-Zamani called as Jodha Bai.
- Begum Birbal Bhawan
- Panch Mahal - Literally means ‘Five level palace’, this structure was built for the sole purpose of relaxation and entertainment. Consisting of 176 columns incorporating jalis for the queens, it had beautifully carved pillars and housed a pool in front named Anoop Talab.
On reaching Mathura, check-in at the hotel for night stay.
Post breakfast, 5th day is scheduled for the Holi celebrations at Barsana.
Post celebrations, return to the hotel for night stay.
- In this celebration, the legend is followed and the traditional practice of it takes place. The men, enacting the role of Krishna, leave from Nandgaon (Krishna's village) and come to Barsana in order to try to color the women and capture the fort. But the females on the other side will stop them with sticks (Lathis). There is also a mock battle between both parties which is also one of the main attractions of Barsana Holi. Enjoy sweets, traditional food, and Bhaang - a chilled drink made from locally available cannabis.
- This will also be a guided tour that will take you across the mesmerizing holy city of Mathura, showcasing numerous temples, mosques, and ghats.
- Post celebrations, return to the hotel for night stay.
- Today the men from Barsana (Radha's village) will go to Nandgaon and the females on the other side will stop them with sticks in the same way as the previous one. A colorful and joyous extravaganza, it portrays the elements of love, respect, and spirituality of Hinduism.
- Post celebrations, return to the hotel for night stay.
Post breakfast, check out and head towards Delhi.
Our representative will drop you at the airport or station, bases on your forward journey.
We hope you had a time of your life.
GENERAL INFO AND FAQ
Booking and Cancellation
Standard Payment Policy
- Pay 10% Advance and block your tour ,
- Pay 40% in next 7 days (if your tour date is above 60 days)
- 75% payment is required minimum to book tour, If your tour date falls within 45 days than
- 100% payment is required, If your tours falls within 30 days then
These are standard payment terms , in case of any deviation please check individual package policy. In extreme case these policy might get deviated so please check package payment also mentioned on package detail page.
Standard Cancellation Policy
- 0% Cancellation Charges if cancelled 3 months
- 10% cancellation within charges cancelled within 60 to 45 days
- 20% Cancellation Charges if Cancelled within 45-30 days
- 50% Cancellation charges if Cancelled within 30 to 15 days
- 80% Cancellation Charges if cancelled within 15 days of tour start date
These are standard cancellation charges, would be applicable to all packages unless mentioned specific on package detail page.
This year 2020 Holi is in the month of March, 9th.