Free WiFi Zones In Major Cities Across India 0
As you walk through the rugged terrains of Ladakh or cruise through the backwaters of Kerala, if there is anything you need to stay connected with the rest of the world is a proper internet and mobile connectivity. India is a vast country with an immensely diversified landscape. So to make sure you do not lose track of things, locations or even yourself; you need to stay constantly connected to the internet. Thanks to the ‘Digital India’ initiative of the Government of India, you can access dozens of public wifi zones apart from restaurants and cafes.
While you backpack across the incredible landscape of India, coming across monuments and people, don’t worry about a thing as here is the list of cities with free public Wifi hotspots:
1. New Delhi
You would wonder what in the bustling streets of New Delhi, it is so difficult to find the proper hassle-free route during your journey. Is it really possible to find a Wifi connection?
Yes, it is. Amidst the crowded and loud alleys of Khan Market lies the first-ever public Wifi in New Delhi. As you shop through the closely lined stalls and shops boasting different products, you can stay connected to the internet at all times. As you move forward to explore the streets of Delhi, you will come across another one of the Wifi zones at Connaught Place. The N-th block area of Connaught Place provides free Wifi. You can use the open internet for a considerable period of time after which you can buy more with some credit. Apart from these various private establishments also provide Free Wi-Fi.
Here is the list of places/shops/establishments/hotels in Delhi that provide free Wifi -
- Barista Coffee N-16 Connaught Place New Delhi 110001
- Marriott Welcome Hotel, New Delhi District Centre Saket New Delhi 110017
- ITC Maurya Sheraton Diplomatic Enclave Sardar Patel Marg New Delhi
- Public Hotspot A-12 Sujan Singh Park New Delhi 110001
- Café Coffee Day – Community Centre Community Centre G1&2, Plot No 6, Nariana New Delhi 110028
- Intercontinental Parkroyal-New Delhi, Nehru Place
- All Café Coffee Day location (Community Centre G1&2, Plot No 6, Nariana New Delhi 110028 )
- Trimart 125-d pocket-b phase-2 110091 Mayur Vihar Delhi
- Oxford Bookstore in New Delhi. opposite the Connaught place.
- ACN Herbal Life – 3-A, New Vishwas Nagar, Shahdara – Delhi
- New Delhi International Airport
While you would be drooling over the mouth-watering street food on Juhu Beach, or you would like you to share pictures of your escape to the architectural marvels of the landscape of Mumbai. For this purpose you would require unrestricted access to the internet, right? The city of Mumbai gives you just what you want.
Shivaji Park in Dadar hosts the first-ever public Wifi of the city. Not only that, but the iconic Mumbai Metro also offers free Wifi hotspots across all its stations. The Western and Central Suburban Railway lines also provide public Wifi and prominent stations like Borivali, Andheri, Bandra and much more. You can use this Wifi for a maximum of 30 minutes after which you have to use credit.
Apart from these various private establishments also provide Free Wi-Fi. Here is the list of places/shops/establishments/hotels in Mumbai that provide free Wifi -
- Holiday Inn, Balraj Sahani Marg, Juhu Beach
- Mumbai International & Domestic Airports
- Holiday Inn Bombay, Balraj Sahani Marg, Juhu Beach, Mumbai Maharashtra 400049
- Krishna Palace Residency, 96/98 Sleater Road, Nana Chowk, Grant Road, Mumbai Maharashtra
- Barista coffee shop next to Stirling Cinema, Murzban Road, Fort, Mumbai
- Intercontinental Marine Drive-Mumbai, 135 Netaji Subhash Road, Mumbai Maharashtra 4000020
- Mumbai Airport, Free WiFi
- Barista coffee shop next to Stirling Cinema, Murzban Road, Fort, Mumbai.
- Marine Drive-Mumbai, 135 Netaji Subhash Road, Mumbai Maharashtra 4000020.
- Barista Cofee N-16 Connaught Place.
- All Café Coffee Day (But not free)
- The Luncheon Café on Dickenson Road has free wifi inside.
- Savoy Suites Off Saki VIhar Road, Saki Naka, Mumbai, Saki Naka, 400072
The Garden City of India is not only known for its growing IT and Corporate sectors but for the preservation of the green lung of the city. Bangalore is famous for its incredible landmarks and affluent neighborhood and while checking out these places you can make sure you stay connected to the internet. The areas like MG Road, Brigade Road, Shanthi Nagar bus station, Yeshwantpur bus station, Koramangala bus station and CMH Road, Indiranagar are some of the prominent and busiest places offering free public Wifi hotspots.
Other than these there are many private establishments who also provide Free Wi-Fi. Here is the list of places/shops/establishments/hotels in Bangalore that provide free Wifi -
- Bangalore International Airport, Devanahalli – 560 300, India.
- Hotel Royal Orchid, HAL Airport Road, Bengaluru, 560 008, India
- The Luncheon Café on Dickenson Road has free wifi inside
- Hotel Atria on Palace Road offers free wifi for its guests
- St. Marks Hotel on 4/1 St. Marks Road has free wireless internet
What happens when one of the major telecom distributors teams up with the local government authority? You get plentiful Wifi zones all across the city with one of the best networks in the country.
Telecom giant Reliance Jio teamed up with the local administrative bodies to set up Wifi zones at the eight most visited and popular places in the city. These places include Gandhi Ashram, Civil hospital, Iskon Mall, Drive-in, Madhupura Market, Kankaria Lake, Karnavati Club, and Science city. These plans have extended to the neighboring cities of Surat and Baroda as well. With over 55,000 unique devices installed all over the city, this initiative is hard deemed in providing the best experience in terms of internet speed. You may be able to use the Wifi for about 72 hours, completely free. Thereafter you may choose a plan and use it in exchange for some credit.
If there is one thing the city of Patna might have put itself upon the global map is by establishing the World’s Largest Wifi Corridor.
Stretching from NIT-Patna on Ashok Rajpath to Danapur, this 20 km long Wifi walkway became the largest in the world by surpassing the Wifi corridor Beijing.
So along with enjoying the local street culture of Patna you can access the internet for a brief period of time. Besides this, All Cafe Coffee Day centers and railway stations offer free Wifi.
So here we have a list of prominent public Wifi hotspots in the most prominent cities in India. The density of these Wifi zones would just increase over time as the Government plans to install up to 2 million Wifi hotspots all over the country till 2021.