Best Tips For Cheap Flights To India 2
So you are backpacking across the world and now planning a trip to India? This vibrant, vast and diversely enigmatic country is the next stop on your journey?
How are planning to go? If you are anywhere across the world then flying to India is the only best option apart from cruise travel. But you need cheap flights to India so that you can spend the rest of your money exploring the country.
Don't worry! we are here to help. No matter which Indian city you wish to go to, visiting India would be much easier if you follow the guidelines and tips mentioned below.
We will show you how to get minimum flight prices at all the international airports in India. Whether you are flying from the United States or Australia, just read through and you will get your answers on how to book cheap airline tickets.
International Airports in India
Before we get down to business and figure out how to get cheap flights to India, let's get to know about the major airports in India that operate to cater to foreign tourist and travelers:
Mumbai International Airport (BOM)
Mumbai, the bustling metropolis is the economic capital of India. There is no doubt that it is a popular destination sought by tourists all across the globe. So, to manage the influx of millions of tourists every day, the Mumbai International Airport (BOM) thrives relentlessly.
It is one of the best airports in the world. If you are visiting India, it is quite possible that your flight would either land at Mumbai International Airport or it will be one of your stops.
To know more about the Mumbai Airport, click on the button below
Delhi International Airport (DEL)
Delhi, the national capital of India get a large number of tourists throughout the year. Prominent historical monuments and its inclusion among the Golden Triangle circuit makes it a popular destination among tourists.
Also known as Indira Gandhi International Airport, it is the largest airport in India. If you are planning to start your trip through North India, then it is likely that you will stop at this airport in Delhi.
Kolkata International Airport (CCU)
The city of Kolkata is known for its fine heritage buildings, cultural festivals, markets and monuments. While visiting the city as well as the eastern regions of India, you might happen to reach the airport in Kolkata. One of the busiest airports in India, it is also known as Netaji Subash Chandra Bose International Airport.
The Chennai International Airport (MAA), the Hyderabad International Airport (HYD) and the Bengaluru (Bangalore) International Airport (BLR) serve as the prominent airports if you wish to visit the popular destinations of South India
Tips To Get Cheap Flights To India
Following is a simple list of best tips to get cheap flights to India:
1. Choose the best time to visit India
Cheap flight rates while visiting India depends on the time you are planning to travel to the country.
The best time to visit India is during November to March. This is because of the cold and dry weather conditions during this time.
The flight rates are lowest in March pricing between $800 to $900. Flight rates tend to get more expensive in December, pricing between $1000 to $1200. It gradually decreases and fluctuates throughout the year.
- Flight prices tend to get higher during the peak season which occurs usually between November to March. Since it is the winter season, popular destinations across North India such as Agra, Delhi, Rajasthan, and the Himalayas see a rise in the number of tourists.
You would find cheap flight tickets during the off season which occurs between late April to October.
Monsoon approaches the Indian subcontinent during this time and so popular tourist destinations in the Western and Southern regions of India receive heavy rainfall. Prominent places face flooding and landslide risks which reduces the number of tourists hence lowering the flight rates.
2. Select your departure and destination airports carefully
Flight rates tend to differ depending upon your departure point and your destination. Therefore, you must research thoroughly as to which airport offers cheap rates and where to board your plane from.
For example, if you board a flight from New York to reach Delhi, the flight rates would be price at about $850. But from San Francisco, the same flight may cost you around $650. These prices shown here for flights will be the average for all passengers.
It is also important to make sure whether your flight is a nonstop flight or a direct flight. Nonstop flights tend to be more expensive whereas direct flights that take frequent stops are comparatively much cheaper.
Cheap flight rates would also vary according to travel class and the airline carrier you opt for. Thorough research will help you with this endeavor. Following are the airline carriers for cheap flights to India:
Star Equatorial Airlines
Go Air and much more.
To know more about cheap flight rates to India, click on the button below,
3. Book you ticket weeks prior for cheap flight rates
To get a slight advantage in terms of flight rate, try booking your flight tickets in advance, months before your trip. The time varies depending upon your destination, the availability of flight and the schedule.
According to a study, it is vital to book your flight ticket 8 to 11 weeks in advance. This means you have to book your ticket 3 to 4 months before your planned journey.
Prior bookings ensure that you get cheap flights before other passengers or tourists who would rush for a last-minute flight booking.
Low rates of flight will be average for all passengers as low as $300 to $400.
4. Check festival and special occasions in India
It is important to note that festivities and special days tend to affect the rates of flightsto India. The flight rates may increase between October and March since major Indian festivals happen during this period.
Diwali, Holi, Makarsankranti, Janamashtami, Dussehra, Baisakhi, Pongal, and many more traditional festivals are celebrated throughout the country. These festivals attract a large number of people across the globe and so increased flight demand also gives a boost to flight rates.
International and cultural festivals such as the Rann of Kutch Festival, Khajuraho Festival, Hampi Utsav, Rajasthan International Kite Festival, etc are some of the major contemporary festivals that experience footfall in millions.
Make sure you are up to date with these festivals and plan your trip accordingly. If you wish to visit India during these times then it gets quite difficult getting cheap flights to India.
Things To Know Before You Board Your Flight To India
Foreign nationals visiting India must have a valid visa. Having a tourist visa is a great idea that is valid for a year from the date of issue and allows you to stay for up to 180 days. For more information on how to get a visa to travel to India, click here
The time taken to travel to India by flight varies from region to region. For example, the duration to fly from the United States to India is around 15 to 19 hours. Whereas from Australia it takes around 10 to 12 hours.
Make sure you pack the right things while visiting India. Since India is a moderately conservative country, make sure you carry clothes that don’t reveal much. You could buy local kurtas, pajamas, scarfs, sarees and much more to adapt to the clothing of Indians. To know more about clothing in India click here.
Temperatures in India may vary across various regions. High temperatures are a normal thing so make sure you carry light cotton fabrics, lots of sunscreens, sunglasses, and hats.
You can hire a bus, cab or a tuk-tuk to travel internally and domestically within the country. Private as well as public transport services such as car rentals, buses, trains, auto-rickshaw services are available right outside all the international airports.
The time zone in India is different from your home country. It is fixed at GMT+5:30 as per the Greenwich Mean Time.
Things To Do In India
- If you are traveling to India, the first place you would love to explore is the Golden Triangle circuit. It includes the cities of New Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur. You could book a guided tour or through an online travel agency.
New Delhi gives you glimpses of spectacular Mughal-era landmarks such as Jama Masjid, Qutub Minar, Red Fort, Humayun's Tomb, Old Delhi. Monuments such as India Gate, Rashtrapati Bhawan and Lotus Temple are must-see to get the most out of the capital city of India. To know more about things to do in Delhi, click here.
Agra is the most significant city in the Golden Triangle circuit. This ancient city was built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan. Don't miss out on the exceptional landmarks such as the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Itmad-ud-Daulah, Mehtab Bagh, Tomb of Akbar the great and much more. To know more about exploring Agra by walking tours, click here.
- Jaipur is the city of Royals where you would find palaces, forts and regal structures as far as the sight goes. Visit the Amber Palace, City Palace, Hawa Mahal, Jantar Mantar, Nahargarh Fort and Jal Mahal on your trip to Jaipur. To know more about exploring Jaipur via walking tours, click here.
- Further, in the west, if you happen to visit the City of Dreams, Mumbai then there is a truckload of options for you to have a memorable trip. Stumble across monuments like the Gateway of India, Elephanta Caves, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus, Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Marine Drive and much more. To know more about how to explore Mumbai by walking tours, click here.
- If you have dropped off at Bengaluru airport then it wouldn't hurt to explore the city further. You could visit Cubbon Park, Tipu Sultan's Summer Palace, Lal Bagh Botanical Garden, ISKCON Temple, Vidhana Soudha. You could also drive to Hospet and go further to explore the ruins of Hampi.
- If you move further south, you could explore the city of Hyderabad. You could visit the Charminar, the Golconda Fort, the Birla Temple, Ramoji Film city, Nehru Zoological National Park and much more.
- You could explore street food across the country. Food palette changes every 10km in India so you would have plenty on your plate to explore. From Vada Pav in Mumbai to Mawa Kachori in Jaipur, from Dahi Bhalle in Delhi to Dosa in Bangalore. Your tastebuds would go on a delicious riot!
- Festivals such as Diwali, Holi, Dussehra, Makarsankrati, Ganesh Chaturthi are some of the most beautiful occasions when you should visit India. You could even try out a lot of adventure activities in India. These activities are offered prominently in North India which include cliff jumping, bungee jumping, trekking, rock climbing, river rafting and much more.